Friday, September 23, 2011

Really Yummy Chocolate Cake




Im not a very sweet-toothed person, I like much more savoury flavours but a good chocolate cake is something I can rarely miss.  Now Im not a very good cook and definately not a baker, I much more rely on the likes of Betty Crocker or Bimbo (here in Portugal).  But this recipe is great and makes great moist cake.




130g Butter
130g Sugar
50g Self raising flour
150g Chocolate drinking powder
3 eggs

Let the butter soften, then add everything in the bowl, mix well and pour or scoop into a baking tin.

Place in a pre-heated oven of 180 degrees or slightly lower if using fan oven for 35 - 40 minutes.  When you take it out, it is ok if it is still a little wobbly or soft in the middle, all the better (within reason).  

This recipe I worked out costs me about €1.90 to make and makes a good size cake.  And it is easy and yummy. Probably full of calories although!

No comments:

Post a Comment