Thursday, March 31, 2011

And so...

So today the sun is shining and warm, as it has been for the last few days. Is this the start of the 'good' weather, probably not if last year was anything to go by with a very wet April!! But the heaters are off and the bills are coming down (utilities are expensive here) at least until the fans go on, but bill cutting is a 'passion' of mine. I begrudge paying such high rates, I used to pay £25 a month, here I pay a minimum £40 rising to over £100 in winter using electric heaters. My friends who have pools pay staggering rates. But there is only one electric company, like 20 years ago in England, the competition is not there.

Times are tough everywhere, but we have some friends who moved here from Spain, where they had been for a couple of years, they are good friends but things have been tough for them and they may go back to England, which I really dont want them to do. They have some income but need to boost it in order to stay, this week he got some bar work, although its nothing huge, its a start and better than nothing. I hope they will stay, but times are tough.....

No comments:

Post a Comment