Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Gallery: Landscapes

This week's theme on the Gallery is Landscapes

Living in the East Algarve, I am very lucky to be surrounded by some beautiful landscapes along the coast.  We are situated on the Ria Formosa natural park, giving us some amazing landscapes and stunning beaches that are only accessible by boat or on foot at low tide with beautiful white sands and mostly calm waters.



And on a clear day I can see all the way to the Spanish border (to the left of the photo), some 15 miles away from up in the hills.  


Not bad I think!  Come and see the others in the Gallery this week

6 comments:

  1. I've been to Ria Formosa!!! Lovely to see a nice pic of it - reminds me of a great family holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, I actually did a double take when I saw the 2nd one in my reader - I thought it was the view from my balcony! (it's not that similar but I was half asleep!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, I've always fancied a trip over the border into Portugal - maybe this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, you are indeed lucky to have views like that on your doorstep - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning colours :)

    ReplyDelete