Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Computers!!


I think I am becoming a techno-phobe! I am not old, only 32,and first used a computer when I was 10/11 years old when it was the ms-dos system where every command started with C:
When I was in secondary school I took an optional GCSE of I.T. and then more as a module on a BTEC qualification, but I.T. was not anything like it is now, INTEL processors was just coming out, the internet had never heard of google and online grocery shopping was barely thought of. And I was pretty good on the computer and understanding the 'technics' of it. But more and more I find it difficult and confusing and most of it is easier to use than ever.!
Today, I must have spent almost 2 hours making a microsoft mail account. For my work I use webmail but I was having some difficulties with templates, I think because it is web-based so I decided to make a microsoft mail account to hopefully overcome the problem. But in order to do that my computer told me I had to make a new user account as there were several email accounts registered on the pc. So I did that, then tried to make the mail account, didnt do that right, then figured it out but in order to correct it I had to cancel the first account I made. So I downloaded all my messages, but then I have all my files on the other user account, which is a pain. So later, I decided for some reason to see if I could create a user account on the original profile, and this time it let me but only downloaded the mails which had arrived since creating the first account, so I had to delete the account again and then delete the other user account I created right at the start to create the account on the original user account. So for something which has taken me a lot of time, and for reasons I dont understand I have ended up doing what I set out to do, a very long way round. See, this never would have happened a few years ago!

www.holidayhomerentalsite.com
www.totstotravel.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment